Hello everyone! I thought I’d make my return to the site by sharing a crowd-pleasing pasta salad recipe that I think you’ll enjoy. So, let’s get started.
Pasta salad is an extremely versatile side dish that pairs with lots of meals including sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, and other grilled meats. It’s also incredibly easy to make, and is truly customizable, with the type of pasta, dressing, and additions being interchangeable. I’ve always been partial to the veggie-filled Italian variety, and here’s how I make it.
Easy Pasta Salad Recipe:
12 oz tri-colored rotini pasta
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 onion (any kind will work)
1 medium sized globe tomato (or 2 Romas)
Around 1/3 cup shredded carrots
Around 1/4 cup mini pepperonis
Italian dressing, to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
Additional desired seasonings (this time, I used a dash of garlic powder and some red pepper flakes)
- Bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook until al dente (about 7 minutes)
- While that’s going, slice the peppers and onions into thin strips (aka julienne)
- Chop the tomato into a medium dice, and grate the carrots
- Once the pasta is done, allow to drain and cool down for a bit
- Into a large bowl, add the pasta, veggies, cheese, pepperoni, dressing, and seasonings, and stir until incorporated.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for a couple hours before serving
When it’s all said and done you’ll end up with a refreshing, vibrant pasta salad perfect for accompanying any sandwich or grilled entree. Also, remember to taste before serving and feel free to make any changes that you see fit (such as adding more dressing or cheese). There are also many things you could change about this pasta salad to suit your tastes, such as replacing any of the veggies with olives, broccoli, or celery. If you’re the type who prefers a different dressing, such as a mayo or ranch-based one, feel free to change the additions to complement that type of dressing. Just don’t bring that kind to my cookout!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave any comments below, such as your thoughts on the recipe or how you like your pasta salad. Make sure you stay safe, and keep up with the fresh content posted here on Mid-American Culture.